Activities close by
At Reception you can hire a bike for one day or more and borrow a cycle map : you can then even cycle to La Rochelle along the coast ! Too tired to cycle back : take the train back to Châtelaillon with your bike !
Along the coast you can cycle or walk up to the center of Châtelaillon and explore the daily market.
At 1.5 km from the site you’ll find the water sports center with several activities as kite surfing, stand up paddle and windsurfing. You can also take a kayak from there and go all across to the island Aix !
Tennis courts are at merely 2 km from the campsite and a horse riding school at 5 km.
There are several golf courses nearby 18 as well as 9 holes.
If you’re fond of walking, ask for the pedestrian map. Different tracks are mentioned and will enable you to get a close view of the historical monuments.
- Located in between La Rochelle and Rochefort and in front of the islands Ré, Aix and Oléron there are lots of possibilities for daytrips.
- Châtelaillon-Plage and its surroundings can easily be discovered by bike and that way you can see the small houses of the oyster and mussel cultivators or the nature reserve in Yves. Stroll along the beach of Les Boucholeurs until you reach the market which takes place twice a week in Châtelaillon.
- For those interested in architecture, visit La Rochelle with the arcades, the Big Clock and the two towers. In Rochefort you’ll find the Corderie Royale.
- Don’t forget to visit the islands : Ré with over 100kms of cycle paths, Oléron and passing the nature reserve of Marennes and finally Aix to simply enjoy the nature, the small creeks and the typical rambler roses growing everywhere on the island. This last daytrip is a pleasure for those who are fond of culture but also for the children since the cruise also takes you to see the Fort Boyard.
- For the little ones, nothing better than the aquarium of La Rochelle !
- Buy your tickets at reception to avoid queuing at the aquarium !